Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Classroom Design (A tribute to my larger classroom that someone new now owns)

Classroom design, it's all consuming.  Try furniture here... try furniture there...the kids go to gym and they come back and things have moved. :) I feel like every August I am always trying to create the perfect space.  One that's functional, organized, and works for all of us.  

Last year I had the job of moving classrooms.  You know the drill, spending several days weeks of your summer just schlepping every thing you own (and I own a lot) down the hall.  It's all kinds of fun! Honestly, that wasn't my biggest issue, the actual moving.  It was the size of my new space. It was smaller, considerably smaller, than what I was leaving.  Cue the gasps!! Storage, what's that? I had a huge wall of built in storage closets in my old space, every child had their own coat cubbie (which if you live in the north you understand the real need...snowpants, boots, mittens, hats... OY!)  and not to mention the ever coveted bathroom en suite.. not one but two...yes two! Oh yes, I was a spoiled gal, and I knew it! 

Once I got over my personal pity party about losing that awesome room I started trolling online blogs, watching for classroom reveals.  I became inspired to change color themes (go big or go home right?).  I can honestly say in the end I love my new room.  I think it's cozy and I have no real regrets about moving at all. After all, we spend more of our waking hours in this space than our own homes, so we need to love it right?! 

Since it's one of my most favorite times of year (seeing all the online classroom tours) I will show you my old room.  I have kissed it goodbye and only on days when it's sunny do I miss it #onewindownow #usedtohaveawholewallfull. Maybe you will get an idea or two from the pics. If you want to see my new space just click on the tab above labeled My Classroom.

If you are posting pics of your own classroom please be sure to comment below.  I would love to check them out! 

(these photos were taken around Halloween, the purple and orange table cloth/pumpkins is not part of my everyday style) 
:)

















0 comments:

Post a Comment