Wednesday, July 29, 2015

From One Kindergarten Parent to Another :)



Dropping your child off for their first day of Kindergarten is definitely something you will always remember.  Your emotions are running high and your Kindergarten child is beyond excited to meet their teacher and see their bright new classroom space filled with friends and fun! 

In my teaching career I taught Kindergarten for only two short years! But in those two years I remember clearly being so focused on welcoming the students and making sure I was doing all the right things to help them get settled on their very first day.  I remember the parents lingering by the door and peeking in my windows.  In order to help put the parents minds at ease after ushering the littles to their tables I would hand out this poem and tell the parents we would see them in just a few short hours.  I was given this same poem when I dropped my boys off at Kindergarten both times.  Each time I cried as I left the school, but a sense of security was also there as I read the words handed to me on this piece of paper.  I remember thinking..this will be a great year for them and me!! 

There are two versions of the poem included - a boy version and a girl version.  I have also added a black and white copy to save on ink :) that can be printed on some brightly colored paper.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment