Sunday, July 26, 2015

Teaching Students to Take Action



Working in an IB (International Baccalaureate) school we spend a lot of time cultivating students that are globally minded.  We strive to teach our students guiding principals in life based around our learner profile traits.  We also spend a great deal of time talking with our students on how they can take action in their lives, and how their actions effect the lives of others.  In my classroom I have an action cycle posted.  This action cycle is referenced when behaviors are noticed.  This may be behaviors that we want to celebrate or sometimes it's even behaviors that we want to change.  Talking with my students and pointing out desired behaviors and how these behaviors impact those around us helps my class to start noticing when other students "take action." Since I am brand new to TPT I have posted this action cycle as a freebie in my store.  If you would like to have a copy of the Action Cycle just click to grab one.  Teaching children to take action can be done in any classroom.  Just taking the time to actually notice students actions and behaviors, and verbalize them with your students makes them aware of how they treat others and the impact they can have.  

Have a great Sunday!! ~ Kim 


0 comments:

Post a Comment